American Airlines

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Non-Revenue Flying

Jan 11, 2000

Pros:It's cheap

Cons:Getting bumped from flights

Flying non-rev is not always the privilege many people seem to think it is. Yes, working for an airline has great benefits but most of the time they treat you like third-class citizens. The drama of waiting until everybody else is on board for them to call your name is sometimes just too much.

I have found that the majority of American Airline ticket and gate agents treat their fellow employees with courtesy and respect. Just a little sympathy goes a long way to someone who has just missed a flight and will have to wait until the next available one.

American Airline employee's have always shown much consideration to the fact that we fly with small children. Sometimes we do make it on but we are all sitting in different seats scattered all over the airplane. Even though we are not bringing in the company any money, and they know it, they do all they can to get the family close together.

If they will do that for fellow workers, how much more would they go out of their way to meet the needs of paying passengers.

There's always that one person who got up on the wrong side of the bed who treats you like you were wasting their time. Thankfully those times
have been few and far between.

We have always found that a humble attitude takes you a long ways when flying non-rev.