US Airways

536 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: OK

US Scare

May 3, 2000

Pros:I don't have to fly with them again.

Cons:I did once.

It's strange to find an airline that treats you worse than Delta.
That would be US Air. The network of small planes it took them to get me from Boston to Ohio is downright frightening. Add to that a cancelled flight and things really get interesting.
Step one. Fully booked "Regional Jet" from Boston to Phili.
Step two. Fully booked 737 from Phil to Concinatti.

One hour wait to find our luggage. Longer wait to complain about the holes punched in my bag. Provided duct tape to seal hole. (no joke)

Flight back
Step one. Fully booked 737 to Phil.
Step two.... Unh there is no step two.
As i was waiting for the plane to fly me home I decided to get something to eat. As I am sitting there a fellow passenger wanders by. She says "weren't you going to Boston?"
"Yes, I am"
"Not anymore- they just cancelled our flight"
Leaving my dinner, I quickly confirmed the flight was cancelled and we had to rebook. There was no announcement. If she hadn't happened by, I'd probably still be there. I later find out that they have hourly flights to Boston, and if one is underbooked- oops, the plane's broke. I ended up waiting for 3 hours and two fully loaded flights later to get home.
Then I had to fight with them because their Internet site takes so long to recognize frequent flyer accounts set up on the web, that they never credited the flights at all.

Frequent flyer- yeah, with somebody else.