United Airlines

Epinions Product Rating: OK

UA is a nightmare!

Aug 4, 2011

Pros:None come to mind.

Cons:You will get the picture after reading the review.

The Bottom Line: DO NOT FLY UNITED!

I was scheduled to be on a 7 p.m. flight from Chicago to Ottawa on a Tuesday. After being delayed for an hour before even getting on the plane, we were left to rot on the tarmac in queue for takeoff for an additional hour. Then, we were told to return to dock because of weather, but because there was lightning, we were left to rot in the plane for three hours. Finally we deplaned and had to stand in line for another hour to rebook. Then, they lost my luggage, which included my CPAP machine and it did not arrive at my hotel until 40 hours later, forcing me to pay for two extra nights of hotel and to miss two days of work. This of course was only after I called United six times to stress to them that their negligence would cause me bodily harm and could potentially result in my death since the CPAP machine ensures that I keep breathing throughout the night. All I could get as an answer from these people was: We know the bags were scanned in Chicago, but we are not sure of anything elese at this time. Even the supervisor was clueless. These guys are a joke. I will never again fly with this airline and plan to pursue the matter further (in court if necessary) in order to be reimbursed by this embarassment of a company.