Spirit Air

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Spirit Airline - what a rip off

Jun 9, 2011

Pros:Nothing good about them

Cons:I can't think of any good thing to say for this airline

The Bottom Line:

Spirit Airline has no sense of customer service.  They are only out to make money No personal touch to their service.

Never Again!  Spirit Airline is a “RIP OFF”. My husband and I booked our tickets for our trip from Fort Lauderdale to Montego Bay – Jamaica. Their price was the lowest so we went for it.  After the flight was booked – that’s when they told us, now you have to pay for all of your baggage. Then you have to pay for your seat too. (Soon they will even charge to use the restrooms).  Their allowance is for only 40lbs per suitcase.
By the time we paid for everything, it was very expensive. We would have been better off booking with Air Jamaica. It would have ended up cheaper and less hassle. Air Jamaica allows 50lb for baggage and 1 bag is free.  On the flight they never even offered any water. You had to buy water.   On our return flight which was delayed 3 hrs,  they did not even explain why.  With this delay, they should have at least offered us water and a snack on the plane. NOTHING!. To fill out the custom forms, they said if we didn’t have a pen, we could buy pens from them for 25cents.  Spirit Airline is only out to make money. They have no sense about good customer service.