Carnival Destiny

The perfect Highschool Party

Aug 25, 2000

Pros:PARTY, PARTY, PARTY

Cons:may be expensive

Do you ever get sick of those vacations where there is always something planned, ie wake up at 6 AM to go sightseeing. Well if you want to sit back, relax, and party all night long this is the cruise for you. I was a freshman in highschool when i went on the Carnival Destiny. After a hard season of football a Thanksgiving Cruise was incredible. Let's get the technicalities out of the way:
- The cruise was to the Carribeans (Puerto Rico, St. John, St. Croix). This means that if you are between 15 and 20 it is really easy to buy alcohol on the islands and party with the natives.
- We stayed in the deluxe suites which were spacious and had open deck on the sea. DO NOT fall asleep on the decks or you will end up sunburned and covered in a thick layer of salt....trust me. Any ways, overall expenses were 2500(everything...tips,tickets to miami,everything)per person. But, you can cut this in half u get a less expensive room. Personally i only was in my room fro 8 hours out of 24.

There are always alot of kids on the ship. This is great if you are between the ages of 6-and 20. And there are alot of people looking to find memebers of the opposite sex. For whatever reasons. Anyways, if you are lookin to party,the Point After Disco is really great once the organized dance parties for the 12 year olds to meet are done. Then you can party hardcore. While doin that you may work up the munchies (due to dancing) and then there is always the 24 hour Pizzaria and the Midnight BUffet which has the best desserts. Overall this cruise is a great way to meet new people and get some distance from your parents. The only time i saw my parents was during dinner. And the ship is totally safe so if your parents happen to be uptight you can tell the to chill out. Security is awesome and everyone is just there to have fun. I know for a fact that the friends you make on the cruise will be hard to leave at the end of seven days....so make friends early..When all is done u wil have had a great time and made awesome friends...PS Get everyones phone number, address, and E-main/Screen name.