Carnival Victory

Great experience! Want to go back!!!

Apr 2, 2007

Pros:Great service! Great trip! Great people! Great ship!

Cons:boring sea days too many kids

The Bottom Line: Give the fun ship a try, they are great!

I was recently married and without a solution for a honeymoon, my wife suggested a cruise. At first, I was a bit nervous, this was the first time for a cruise for both my wife and I after all. I had no idea what to expect or what to think, but we went anyway, our travel agent was able to source out the trip for $950 for the two of us, guaranteed inside cabin, the day after the wedding, so it was set...

The day of our cruise, we arrived into the lobby of the ship like deers about to get run over, the crew members were very helpful in telling us how to get to our cabin, which.. to our surpise, has been upgraded to an ocean-view that was bigger than what we expected. Standard amenities similar to a 3 star hotel was included. Right after the boat drill, we met with our steward, Benjamin, through the whole trip, he served us without being actually there, we would wake up in the morning, leave the place a mess, go grab breakfast, and the room is made when we come back!

The excursions were good, the cruise went to Costa Maya, George Town and Ocho Rios, prices for excursions ranges from 30 dollars to 150 dollars, depends on the length and amenities included. Sea Days were up and down, there would be days with some great events such as the newly wed show hosted by the cruise director Jorge, other days, there would be nothing really to do other than just tan in the sun.

We did not have any problems finding lounge chairs like some other members said but we did have problem finding what was in the higher decks such as deck 11 and deck 12. The staff was knowledgeable in where everything was, the ship was a bit difficult to navigate for some, I overhead another cruiser mentioned they did not know how to get to a dining room on the final day of the cruise.

Dining included the daily sit down dinner with 4 different sitting times, Lido deck has the buffet nearly all day. we were eating literally 6-7 meals per day! Food was available at all times, thanks to a 24hr ice cream and pizzeria. Food is up to par with most restaurants run about 20-30 dollars per person.

The staff is better than ANY hotel or restaurants i have been to. They were so nice, i treated them like friends (got a few email addresses to prove it) our waitress and waiter Kitty and Michael were spectacular, they knew exactly what we wanted, including the coke with lime for me at every meal!

The bartenders at the lobby bar knew our name, we sit down and they would know exactly what we want, we even expanded our horizon on different cocktails thanks to some extra tasting they gave us.

all in all, a great cruise and I even promised all the staffs that we would return before their contract is over, sadly, i found out that they will be up north till September, glad i got their emails!

Best Suited For: Couples