Crystal Harmony

The Best

Dec 6, 2000

Pros:simply the best

Cons:bathroom is small

After taking twenty cruises on six other cruise lines, my wife and I decided to try Crystal. After a glassy smooth south Pacific crossing on the Harmony from Australia, we have booked an Amazon cruise and one to Alaska. We have the rest of the alphabet ahead of us!

There is more room for the passenger on this line. We have sailed on ships half the size with twice as many passengers.

Dining is great. In addition to the main dining room there is a Lido buffet, an Italian restaurant and a Japanese restaurant. The hot dog bar makes the best steak sandwich on land or sea, trimmed of fat and succulent. The ice cream fountain even has green tea ice cream. Food is better than any other cruise line we have taken. Ask your headwaiter for a dessert called "Salzburger nokkel" I am not sure of the spelling, but the phonetic approach will do the trick. Without gilding the lily, the dining room will satisfy even a demanding guest.

The staff is outstanding. The cruise line provides the staff with activities to match the guests. The entertainment is without peer.