Norwegian Star

Awesome cruise to Alaska!!

Jun 17, 2010

Pros:Happy staff = happy passengers. Yummy food.

Cons:Ship is a little older but well kept.

The Bottom Line:

This ship offers great staff, show and food. What more could you ask for?

I took this ship to Alaska on an inside passage cruise. This was my first cruise but I have taken 3 since with two other cruise lines so I feel I have a good basis of comparssion now. Going to Alaska was simply amazing and I strongly suggest anyone who can afford it to do it at some point in their lifetime. Going on NCL was an excellent choice. I thought the staff was very nice and all seemed generally happy to be there. Apparently NCL takes good care of the employees and they pass that along to the passengers. (I say this because another cruise line specifically seems to have much more issue with keeping happy upbeat employees). Along with friendly service, this cruise had, hands down, the best onboard entertainment I've seen yet. When cruises advertise "Vegas style shows" it is sometimes questionable, but in the case of the Star it was true. The shows were spectacular. The food was awesome too and I even got to try caviar for the first time; all included. The ports of call were awesome and the staff great! As a matter of fact, I'd like to take this cruise again one summer.

Best Suited For: Singles