Puerto Rico

Hyatt Cerramar vs Dorado

Jul 24, 2001

Pros:Something for everyone - Ocean,Golf,gambling and Beach

Cons:expensive

The Bottom Line: Expensive - Cost was about $5000.00 for six days from Colorado but it was worth every dollar.

Not that many choices in the states for an ocean/ gambling/ golfing vacation and all these things were important to us. Once the decision was made to visit Puerto Rico we narrowed it down to the Hyatt. Two choices are then made available to you - Dorado or Cerramar ? - The last thing I wanted to do was get there and be sorry we picked the wrong one. We stayed at the Cerramar and that was perfect for us. It is the hotel with the casino and water park area. At first I thought the water park would draw all the families with loads of children. I guess it did, but the hotel is built so that you really don't notice all the kids unless you have your own. Everyone we met there that stayed at the Dorado said they were sorry they picked that hotel since all the action was at the Cerramar. Four Golf courses kept hubby busy while the beach, pool and shopping kept me busy. At night there was lots of restaurants to choose from and of course the casino. The wait staff was extremely attentive and catered to our every wish. That's what a vacation is all about ! Group tours were available but the cost was a bit high. In the lobby we found a car rental representative - We were able to get a car for the whole day, complete with easy to read typed out directions to any place we wanted to go. All that for about $50.00. Hint: there is no drop off fee for driving yourself to the airport when you check out. We rented the car for a 24 hour period and drove to the airport, that way we didn't have to worry about shuttle bus schedules.

Best Suited For: Families