Innsbruck

Mountains Everywhere!!

Jun 6, 2000

Pros:Surrounded by snow capped Apls

Cons:Very Quiet

The small city of Innsbruck, nestled amid the Alps in wester Austria, is amazing. Walk around the city and everywhere you look there are the snow capped Alps. The city itself is very small, but very quaint and does certainly have the old European charm to it. If you want to visit a bustling city with a great nightlife, this is not the place. Even if you want to go out to eat past 6pm, forget about it, the place closes down early.

But if you love the outdoors, this city is a great gateway to the Alps. I did some amazing hiking right outside of the city, there are some great trails. Very scenic. As I worked my way higher and higher in elevation, I took about 20 pictures day of the panoramic scenery and the city below. I was there in June and was able to pick up a bus in the city one morning, take a 1 hour busride to a glacier where I spent the day skiing. Amazing, no other way to describe it.

This place rules, I love it there and what I want to do with my life now is learn German and move there. Go today!