Hartford

17 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: OK

VIP Parking at BDL

Dec 26, 2000

Pros:Nothing at all

Cons:Rude and dishonest employees

There is a saying that goes something like this: "A customer who has a good experience will tell no one, while a customer who has a bad experience will ten at least ten of his/her friends." I try for the most part to write about both the good experiences and the bad experiences. Judging by my ratings, I think I do a pretty good job at this. I rarely ever give out five stars, but at the same time I try and limit the number of one stars I give out.

If you have read any of my other reviews than you know that I have had my share of bad experiences with companies over the years. Up to a few months ago, the worst experience had been Midway Airlines (See the review). Well, finally a company has beat them for my title as the worst company to deal with.

This company is VIP Parking (a subsidiary of Avistar Parking) at Bradley Airport in Windsor Locks, CT. I parked my car there awhile back while I was on vacation. When I returned, the car had been hit and they did not want to claim responsibility. I know the car was not damaged when I dropped it off because it was on the driver's side door and I would have noticed. Everyone at the company was unhelpful and even downright rude.

The managers did not believe that their employees would try and hid the fact that one of them hit a car. At first they refused to fix my car. After months of protest, they finally agreed to fix the car. I was told that I had to rent a car myself and I would be reimbursed. I did this and when I went to submit the receipt for reimbursement, they didn't want to pay for it.

It took months of speaking to various managers and even to their corporate office before anything was done. The manager along with the employees at their corporate office did not return calls and were very rude. I have never dealt with a worse company during my entire life.

The bottom line: DO NOT PARK AT THIS COMPANY EVER. If your car is damaged, you will get a huge headache trying to get them to fix it.