Shreveport

Shreveport Casinos

Jul 20, 2000 (Updated Aug 14, 2000)

Pros:Clean, Good Payouts

Cons:Over Crowded on weekends

I live about thirty miles from the city of Shreveport, LA. One of the biggest draws to this city is gambling. I would like to tell you about each of the casinos here and give you my opinion of them. I will rate them for you on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best and 1 the worst.

1. Casino Magic - Not one of the bigger casinos in town, but a fun place none the less. This casino's theme of course is magic. I must say it is normally very, very crowded and it is not very easy to find a slot machine to play on. The table games are there, but tend to also be completely full most of the time. Don't visit this place on the 1st, 3rd or 15th of the month, it will be so crowded you will not be able to find a place to play at all. They do offer the best buffet for the best price in town. They always have a great selection, boiled shrimp and about 5 other kinds of meat, 8 to 10 vegetables, dessert, salad, drink, all you can eat for around $10.95. But get their early the lines are always long because of their great reputation for their buffet. Friendly staff, free valet parking, plenty of self park available. They also have recently opened a hotel, but I have never stayed there, but have been told it was very nice. I rate this Casino 3.

2. Isle of Capri - Great island atmosphere. Not as crowded as Casino Magic. Very Friendly and personable staff, good security . The food is ok but not as good as Casino Magic. They also now have a hotel that I have been told is very nice. The casino is always clean and well staffed. They also have table games blackjack, Carribean Stud Poker, Craps, Roulette. They are usually crowded and the starting bets are a little more expensive. I rate this Casino 4.

3 Harrah's - This casino is downtown Shreveport and is always very crowded. Parking is across the street and hard to access. This is one of the larger casinos, so the crowds are there, but you do have a little more elbow room. They have a steak house that is very good but a little on the expensive side. Lots and Lots of slot machines. They do have the normal Table Games. No Hotel, but are in the process of building one. I rate this Casino 2.

4. Horseshoe - This casino is by far the classiest of all of the casinos. Very large gaming area and not usually as crowded as the others. They offer lots and lots of slot machines, and table games. The entrance into the casino is beautiful. They have a first class hotel where every room is a suite, they are well kept. The staff here seems to go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay fun. They also have a good buffet but is $16.95 per person for about the same thing you can get at Casino Magic for $10.95. This is the nicest of the casinos and the hotel is definitely the best. Is sometimes crowded, but it so big you hardly notice it. I give this Casino a 5.

All of the casinos offer great frequent player cards, you just put in your machine or give to the dealer at the tables and earn points that you can redeem for meals. They will also mail you coupons, for free chips, and sometimes a free hotel room. Any of these Casinos is nice if you are there at the right time. Very crowded on weekends, I would suggest if possible that you go during the week.

All in all Shreveport's Casinos are nice, lots of security presence, and you can definitely have a Great Time. So drive on down and enjoy a day and night of Gambling Fun.