Portland

Old Orchard Beach, Next to Portland

Apr 24, 2000

Pros:beach

Cons:Fog

The city of Old Orchard Beach is a city located about 20 minutes down the coast from Portland. This place has tourist city writen all over it. In Maine if you go to the cost, what the percenates show that you will see a rocky coast. That is why OOB is different. 12 miles of sandy coastline perfect for walking. The beach is very large too, so there is room for everyone to spread out.
When we took our last trip is was August of 1999. We go there in the summers to escape the hot indiana weather. How can you beat 80 and sunny, and i could go one for hours about the low humidity. Our condo is on the beach. It is about a 1/2 a mile away from down town. The downtown area is a great place. Tons and tons of places to shop, eat, play games, or even ride rides, all in walking distance. There are tones of parking lots within walking of everything if you want to do a day trip, or there are tons of motels along the coast of all price ranges.
The things i love are the weather. If the past 6 years we have been going there only once it got up to 90 some degres, but you solve that problem by getting in the nice cool ocean. The weather is great. Another thing i love is the downtown area. They have rides like a fair would, shopping, 2 arcades, and tones of places to eat. Everyone there is also really nice.
The only thing i hate is the fog. It comes and goes, but you can still go to the beach and the downtown area, or you can travel up to freeport and do some great shopping at the outlet shops.
I would like to recomend this trip for people who live near the area or to people who would like to find somewhere to go when the temp and humidity are to high. Faimilys and single people are always great, there are things for all of them.