Maine

102 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Apr 14, 2000

Pros:Quiet, relaxing, peaceful

Cons:Didn't get to see as much as I wanted this time

My husband and I recently got back from a wonderful weekend trip to Cape Elizabeth, Maine. We didn't actually go for fun and relaxation, we were helping friends move there, but we ended up relaxed and having had fun anyway! It's hard not to in a state nicknamed "vacationland".

The trip definetely gave my husband and myself the idea of possibly moving ourselves. We'd love to be able to live in a place so serene and peaceful looking. To come home someplace quiet and relaxing surely would be like a welcomed change from where we are now.

Though we weren't able to get much fun time in this time around because of the move, we still got to look around a little bit and check out a few places we'd like to see when we do go back next month!

We did have dinner one night at a really good place where the food was great. Also went to the beach which was a whole two minutes away from the house. Of course there was a fierce storm brewing at the time and the winds were just so wild! We could barely stand up as we watched the water crash on the rocks and the waves ride high. There were even boats anchored way out in the water just rocking away, though they said people weren't on them.

Portland is the main city nearby and that has plenty of stuff to see and do. It'll definetely be a stop for us the next time around.

I like it so much now and we didn't even get to do much this time but the views were awesome and the people so friendly. I didn't even hear anybody blow their car horn once until we were driving home and back in our state! <laughing>