Canobie Lake Park

Canobie Lake Park - Fun for all ages

Jul 29, 2001

Pros:low ticket prices, fee parking, company discounts, fun rides

Cons:some food is bad, dirty bathrooms, lots of bees.

The Bottom Line: If you live in New England or are visiting New England I really recommend you go to Canobie Lake Park. It's fun for everyone.

I'm female, twenty years old and live in Michigan. However for the first 19 years of my life I lived in Massachusetts and went to Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire with my friends and family all the time.

The last time I was there was a year ago but I'm not too worried about this epinion being outdated since one of my favorite things about Canobie is that nothing ever changes. It's a great place to go with your kids every year because it has a homey atmosphere. I grew up going there all the time so it's pretty much burned into my brain. Any time I get to thinking about Canobie I know that the mirror maze is still there and the sky buckets and the roller coasters and I know that my favorite pinball machine is still going to be in one of the many arcade areas and I know that I'll have fun on the cork screw coaster which is the only roller coaster I actually like since I'm afraid of heights. Also Canobie has a swimming pool and I love to swim. Unfortunately the pool is usually packed but if you get there early it's nice.

Of course there are some bad points though. I am a person who is set in my ways but if you like changes Canobie may not be the place for you. As I said I've been going there for 19 years and it's barely changed in all that time. If you get bored with the same old stuff you might want to go somewhere else. Also I know theme parks do attract bees but Canobie seems to have an unending supply of them. Since my mother and I are both allergic to them we sometimes get upset with that. But if you try to avoid the trash baskets and the flowery areas they are not so bad. Also I highly recommend you eat before you go. I love the cotton candy and fried dough but the burgers are gross and the coke, pepsi and other soft drinks taste like...well they just don't taste great. I'd say bring some bottled water.

Final bad point is the hours. If I remember correctly (and I'm sure I do cause I do this every year) the main gates open at 10:30 am but the rides don't start until noon.