Disneyland

Make the most out of Disneyland

Jan 2, 2000

Pros:Great fun for the entire family

Cons:Very expensive.

I wanted to offer some advice to parents that are planning on visited the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland in the near future. The first thing you want to do is pack your own water and snacks for the kiddies (snack items are very expensive inside the park). If you need a stroller I would suggest renting one at the park, their are several reasons for this, the main one is that you have to take the TRAM from the parking lot and it's very difficult to manage a small child, bags, and fold up your stroller to board the TRAM. They have upgraded the strollers from the hard plastic ones to the jogger types that seem very comfortable.

Now once you manage to get into the park, I suggest hitting Fantasyland first. The reason behind this is that the crowds usually go for the "E Ticket" rides first. I would have to suggest that you skip Snow Whites Adventure if you have small children, it's very dark and scary and a bad way to start your day....you can come back to it later if the kids are up to it. Try the rides that are out in the open like Dumbo and the Carosel horses. It's A Small World is also a must see.

My last bit of information is to let you know about something called a "baby swap", this is used on the bigger rides that children are to small for. You tell a "cast member" that you are doing a "swap" and they will hand you a little pass, this allows for only one adult to wait in line while the other waits at the exit with the children. When your partner is done, you take your pass through the exit (avoiding the line) and go for a ride.