Knott's Berry Farm

If you were a regular here as a kid, you will still love it!

Oct 11, 2005

Pros:Thrilling rides, good food/snacks, and an Old west atmosphere. Good variety of souvenir shops.

Cons:Can get crowded at times, but the lines move at a reasonable pace.

The Bottom Line: A classic amusement park for families seeking fun. Plenty of activities across the board to have a good time and enjoy some great food.

If you're looking for a family atmosphere where you can have a blast, the food and snacks are good and affordable, this is the place you must visit. I have yet to be disappointed.

I have a family of four, and yes, I'm on a budget. But Knott's doesn't break the bank. When you go, and if you're a thrill seeker, try Xcelerator and Supreme Scream. there are plenty of rides for young children, as well as the older thrill seekers too. Not into intense rides? They have stage coach rides, boat rides, or you can visit countless souvenir shops scattered throughout the park. They usually have a variety of shows if you just want to relax and take in the relaxing atmosphere.

Back to the fun stuff; Xcelerator is the most thrilling ride I have yet to go on PERIOD! Talk about intense. Something like zero-90MPH in two or three seconds. It's a rush you will not soon forget(I get sweaty palms just thinking about it). A near vertical drop near the middle of the ride, and U are haulin' the whole time you're on this thing. The other one is Supreme Scream. You board the platform(feet dangling below), and you are whisked away, rising a good couple of hundred feet in the air. This is just the start. When you hear that blast of air, stand by. Ever get that feeling during a dream that you're falling and you can't stop? This is 100 times worse when you are on your way down. Feels like it's the end whenever I'm on it, but it's addicting. You try to plant your feet, and it does nothing to ease the "pleasurable" agony.

Anyway, sorry about all of that rambling. If you like an Old West atmosphere, lots of costumes, and sights and sounds of an amusement park. you will like Knott's.

For Dinner or lunch, we recommend the Chicken Dinner Restaurant. Delicious, affordable, and filling. Lots to do at Knott's; I just wish we lived closer to Orange County so we could go more often.