Knott's Berry Farm

A day spent in Knott's

Jul 18, 2002 (Updated Jul 18, 2002)

Pros:lots of things for children to do; lots of things for big kids to do

Cons:you cant do it all at once =(

The Bottom Line: I love this place, for any age!

Having been to Knott's Berry Farm a few years ago, I thought this would be a wonderful place to take my four year old, being that it was his first amusement park. There is an entire section dedicated to children, Camp Snoopy. And its cool because it isn't too terribly commercial, as it is focused on Snoopy and the Peanuts crew. It even includes things I enjoyed as a child at fairs, such as petting zoos and various musical performers stationed through the park.
The big mistake of ours was that we spent almost the whole day in Camp Snoopy. My son rode airplanes and bounced around in a blown up castle. We explored a fun house, saw animal shows and played in arcades...however through the whole thing, my significant other and I only rode one roller coaster. ONE!
But back to the child's perspective, it was great. There was so much for him to do, and trust me, we couldn't do it all...which brings me to one of my major points and I want to emphasize on this if you are going as a family...GO FOR MORE THAN ONE DAY.
It is not that expensive and unlike Disneyland, the food is actually yummy! There is a restaurant outside the park that people line up for hours to eat at. The sundaes and cotton candy and fruit punch can all give you a tummy ache if not in moderation, but it makes the trip more enjoyable when you know you are getting something hardy for breakfast, lunch and dinner...because you are going to be there for all three meals.
As far as for adults, there are many shows, games and rides. I think Knott's Berry Farm has some of the best roller coasters in southern CA. They have just added a new one called the accelerator. Not very legnthy, but after riding it, I really wouldn't want it to be! It goes up to 80 m/h up a slope and straight down. You are seriously parallel to the ground when you are coming over the hump.
Ultimately we enjoyed it. My son got his fulfillment and it was a great experience for him. I was happy that he was happy. And he got a Snoopy tee to take home in memory. I just really regreted the next day when we didn't go back to do all the fun adult things. Trust me, I plan to later!

Ads by Google