Valleyfair

From a former employee...

Nov 7, 2001

Pros:Cleanliness, fast-paced lines,family-based attractions

Cons:Some of those hot, hot days

The Bottom Line: Go there, be polite, and enjoy your day.

First off, as a former employee of Valleyfair, I'd like to squelch the rumor of it becoming a Six Flags. Valleyfair is owned by CedarFair, who also owns Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, and a couple other parks around the nation.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize to the reviewer who had a bad experience with an employee in "Bear Country". Must have been a bad day. All in all, the employees at Valleyfair are considerate and polite. It is, however, hard to be nice when you are being treated poorly, so keep in mind how you are saying something if you disagree with the employee.

Personally, my favorite part of the park is the Waterpark (which is why I worked there for a couple years). However, the waterpark is the place that gets the most complaints. Because of their job, the lifeguards must be more strict than any other employee in the park. They have specific rules that they must follow, and have a good reason for any and all rules they have. I can't even tell you how many times I was yelled at and cursed at because someone didn't like our rules. Valleyfair very much so has the attitude of "better safe than sorry".

And please, if it's hot outside, DRINK WATER. Nobody likes to pass out from heat exhaustion.

Also, management at Valleyfair recognizes their employees who have done a good job, and were recognized by guests as "memory makers". So, if you encounter an employee who went out of their way to make your day better, please go to guest services and fill out a comment card.