Red Mountain

a wonderful cheap locals mountains

Mar 6, 2000

Pros:cheap, steep, difficult, great snow

Cons:can't think of any

"B.C. no man, that is to far of a drive."
--"No way, we can make it in two and a half."
"alright if you say so."
This short conversation is how i found Red Mountain. Sure I'd heard of it, but i thought that B.C. was too far and it would not be worth the drive. I was wrong. I is two and a half hours from door to door at my house in Spokane, WA. It is worth every second of that drive. For only around five or six chairlifts, Red posts some of the most terrain per lift than anywhere I have ever seen. And it does not lack anything. It is inland enough to get the dry snow need for soft fluffy powder. It has the virtical because you can ski from the base and goes up pretty darn high. Has the terrain because it is three mountains. And it has the desired price since you get that nice Canadian exchange rate. No faults, and nothing but great powder all over. The town is obviously built around Red Mountain, bringing a great home feeling when you stay in one of the few hotels. There is the great local pub to stop in at the bottom and tell tales of the epics runs you had that day with the locals. The mountain is so beautiful and has such great snow and terrain, anyone would fall in love with it instantly. It is never crowded so no lift lines with ladies and gents. Just steep and deep.