Wisp

16 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Very Good

Bear Claw Snow Tubing @ Wisp

Aug 28, 2003

Pros:Awesome Snow Tubing Park - Bear Claw

Cons:Reservations go fast!

The Bottom Line: I love the area surrounding Wisp and the ski resort, but I have heard from other expert skiers that Wisp is nothing, whatever! I love it.

I have to admit that I love skiing at Wisp, but the snow tubing park is great when you have a couple of friends that are just as competitive as you are! The snow tubing park will be open for it's third year this coming winter and I had the opportunity to make it to the park the second year it was open (due to reservations being booked the first year). If you plan on visiting during President's Day weekend in 2004 (February 2004), make your tubing park reservations in early December, if there reservations are open then. http://skiwisp.com/ski/snowtubing.html Groups of 20 or more may qualify for discounts, call 301-387-4911. The prices were $18 for a 2 hour session and you can buy multiple session, but after about an hour of up and down and getting a running start with tube in hand at the top of the hill, you probably won't spring for the additional $18 for a second run.

If you can, rent a house in the area to spend the weekend there. I usually go through long and foster http://www.deepcreekresort.com/index.html the houses are nice and are great for groups of 6-16 people. I see on there website that they are running some Internet specials.

The snow tubing park is adjacent to the ski slopes for plenty of skiing and snow boarding. The snow tubing park had 12 lanes open the last time that i went and the snow had about a base of 27". You will need to fill out a release form which is on there website, but you can fill it out once you get there. The following is straight from there website...

Snow tubing is fun winter recreation suitable for all ages. Adults of all ages can participate. In compliance with State of Maryland Regulations, in order for children to participate they must be at least 42" tall.

Level of Experience Needed: Intermediate