Enterprise

Epinions Product Rating: OK

A FORMER EMPLOYEE SPILLS THE BEANS...

Aug 17, 2004 (Updated Aug 18, 2004)

Pros:INSURANCE MAKES YOU USE THEM

Cons:EVERYTHING ELSE! EX-EMPLOYEE TELLS ALL!

The Bottom Line: TERRIBLE IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!

AH, GOOD OLE' ENTERPRISE. WHERE DO I BEGIN? WELL, I WORKED FOR ENTERPRISE IN 2 DIFFERENT STATES (3 DIFFERENT OFFICES)ALONG THE EAST COAST, SO I CAN GIVE WHAT I FEEL IS A TRUE OPINION (ALONG WITH SOME GOOD INSIDER INFORMATION). ENTEREPRISE IS NOT LIKE OTHER CAR RENTAL COMPANIES. 85% OF THE BUSINESS COMES FROM INSURANCE REPLACEMENT RENTALS. OK, LET ME BACK TRACK BEFORE I LOSE YOU. THERE ARE A 5 DIFFERNT TYPESA OF RENTALS. 1)INSURANCE REPLACEMENT, 2)LEISURE, 3)CORPORATE RENTALS, 4)WEEKEND RENTALS, 5)FLEET RENTALS. OK, SO WHAT IS AN INSURANCE REPLACEMENT RENTAL? AN INSURANCE REPLACEMENT COMES TO YOU WHEN YOU WRECK YOUR CAR AND PAYMENT SHOULD BE GOING THROUGH AN INSURANCE COMPANY- EITHER YOU OR THE THIRD PARTY (WHOEVER HIT YOU). BECAUSE ENTERPRISE FOCUSES ITS EFFORTS SOLEY ON THESE KINDS OF RENTALS, EXPECT TO GET INFERIOR SERVICE AND PRICING IN ALL OTHER SITUATIONS. SO, YOU SAY THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS SUPPOSED TO PAY FOR THE RENTAL? THINK AGAIN. EXPECT TO LAY OUT BETWEEN 300 AND 500 IN "SECURITY DEPOSITS" BECAUSE THEY WILL TELL YOU "THE INSURANCE COMPANY DOESNT COVER IF SOMEONE ELSE HITS YOU IN THE RENTAL." THATS A CROCK OF S***. YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY (IN 99% OF CASES WILL COVER THINGS FOR YOU- IF YOU DOUBT IT, CALL THEM BEFORE GOING TO THE OFFICE.) I STRESS THE WORD "BEFORE". DON'T DO IT AT THE OFFICE- THEY WILL TRY TO TALK YOU OUT OF CALLING. WE (EMPLOYEES) RECEIVED PROMOTIONS BASED ON HOW MANY SUCKERS BOUGHT "DAMAGE WAIVER"- NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BUY THIS. ALL IT DOES IS WAIVE ENTERPRISES RIGHT TO COLLECT FROM YOU IF YOU DAMAGE THE CAR. THAT BEING SAID, CHECK THE CAR THOROUGHLY AND MAKE SURE THE EMPLOYEE RIGHTS EVERYTHING DOWN.

FURTHERMORE, IT IS VERY EASY TO HAVE MONEY TAKEN OFF OF YOUR BILL. WHEN THEY ASK YOU (AND THEY WILL SAY THIS PHRASE EXACTLY) "WE'RE YOU COMPLETELY SATISFIED?"- SAY NO. NEVER SAY YES. IF YOU ACT MAD ENOUGH THEY WILL DELETE YOUR WHOLE BILL BECAUSE, AGAIN, PRMOTIONS FOR MANAGERS IS BASED ON HOW MANY PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE COMPLETELY SATISFIED- SO THEY WILL "WRITE OFF YOUR BILL" IF YOU TELL THEM YOU WILL BE SATISFIED- USE TACT THOUGH...THIS WILL REALLY WORK- TRY TO COME UP WITH A GOOD REASON SUCH AS, "IT IS SMOKEY".

NEXT, NEVER RENT A CAR ON MONDAY MORNING- THAT IS WHEN INSURANCE COMPANIES TELL PEOPLE TO PUT CARS IN THE SHOP. ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES DO THIS. EXPECT TO NOT HAVE THE CAR YOU RESERVED WAITING FOR YOU. WE USED TO PUT PEOPLE ONA WAITING LIST AND THEY WOULD SIT THERE ALL DAY LONG AND STILL NOT GET A CAR.

NEXT, NEVER RESERVE AN ECONOMY CAR- NO POWER STEERING!!!!

ALWAYS CHECK INSPECTIONS AND PLATES- MOST AREN'T UP TO DATE OR DON'T MATCH- YOU CAN GET A HUGE TICKET FOR ENTERPRISES NEGLECT.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND: ENTERPRISE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COMPANY TO RENT FROM. AVIS AND HERTZ ARE MUCH CHEAPER....AND ENTERPRISES EMPLOYEES MAKE NO MONEY!!! EVERYONE STARTS OFF MAKING AROUND 17,000/YEAR- THEY WORK 70+ HOURS A WEEK. THE JOB SUCKS, SO IF YOU HAVE TO GO THERE, BE NICE TO THE STAFF- THEY HAVE NO CONTROL (EXCEPT THE MANAGERS)

APPARENTLY, SOME OF YOU MAY FIND THIS TO BE A RANT- AND IT IS IN A WAY. I AM ONLY LETTING THE TRUTH BE KNOWN AND TRYING TO HELP INFORM THE PUBLIC. IF YOU WANT TO RENT FROM ERAC, BE MY GUEST- IT HAS NO BEARING ON MY LIFE. I ONLY ASK THAT YOU CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS. KEEP THIS IN MIND: HERE IS WHERE TH MONEY GOES...

ANHEISER-BUSCH HOSTS MANY CORPORATE EVENTS. THE LARGEST OF WHICH, IS FOR NASCAR. THE SECOND, IS FOR THE MANAGERS OF ERAC. EACH MANAGER FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY IS SENT TO FLORIDA, ALL EXPENSES PAID FOR 5 NIGHTS OF DRINKING AND PARTYING ON THE COMPANY DOLLAR- AND THEN DRIVING IN RENTAL CARS. ENTERPRISE, AS A COMPANY, PROMOTES DRINKING AND DRIVING. MANY MANAGERS WHOM I HAVE KNOWN HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN HELPED OUT OF DUI CHARGES BY CORPORATE OFFICIALS. IN FACT, ONE OF MY MANAGERS ACTUALLY GOT A DUI 3 MONTHS AGO AND PUT 6 PEOPLE (3 CAR LOADS) IN THE HOSPITAL- HE'S STILL THE MANAGER. YOU FIGURE IT OUT!
THATS MY PIECE.