Enterprise

Epinions Product Rating: OK

No Credit Card? No Problem!

Aug 5, 2000 (Updated Aug 5, 2000)

Pros:Will rent to you even if you don't have a credit card, great customer service, will pick you up and take you home

Cons:Some of the cars aren't luxury cars, if you require a luxury vehicle it is best to call ahead and make a reservation

Two days ago my husband and I were in a bind. We had planned a trip to the High Desert and knew our 1975 Malibu wasn't going to make it. We don't have a credit card (all we have is a Visa debit card), so we normally rent at Budget. They take our Visa debit card and it's really no hassle at all. But when we arrived at Budget the manager told us that the company had taken all his cars for servicing and all the other Budget branch could offer was moving trucks! Totally dejected, we went home.

We decided to call around and see if any other company would rent to us. We decided to call Enterprise. To our surprise, they were very accommodating! They said they would take our Visa debit and put a pending charge of $250.00 (it's like a cash deposit)on it. That would be refunded when the car is returned. Next they needed a utility bill that would show our current address. That was no problem. Then they wanted my husband's work stub. I am on disability and my husband cares for me. So, we couldn't produce a work stub. We explained this to them and they were very understanding. They said it really shouldn't be any problem and asked us to take a seat while they got us our car.

They put us into a Ford Escort. It was a white 2000 model. It was a pretty basic car. No luxury amenities. But then, I prefer those kinds of cars. Just give me automatic, air conditioner, some kind of stereo, and I'm good to go! This car had those basic things, so I was very pleased!

The lady who did all our paperwork went over everything with us. The rental was only $32.99 per day. But we chose unlimited miles and we got full coverage insurance for $21.94. That made the whole thing cost $73.83. When the car was returned, they put $176.17 back on my card right away.

Once we got on the road, we felt very secure because we were given an 800 number that we could call to get road side help anytime. We really liked that because we were going to be driving through the desert and that's one place you really don't want to get stuck!

Our trip was a success! The car was a pleasure to drive! Enterprise was a pleasure to deal with! They offer to pick us up or take us home, but we prefer to drive our old Malibu whenever we can. I am grateful to Enterprise and wouldn't hesitate to rent from them again!