Rent-A-Wreck

Epinions Product Rating: OK

A Word to the Wise

Nov 7, 2007 (Updated Nov 7, 2007)

Pros:None

Cons:Unprofessional, did not keep office hours that were posted, large deposit required, cars not reliable

The Bottom Line: I do not recommend this company because they do not respect and appreciate their customers enough to treat them fairly and offer them a quality product.

We wanted to save money and rented from Rent-A-Wreck in the Houston area. What we ended up with was a vehicle that was not in good mechanical shape. And, it was in need of a good wash job and vacuuming. It was almost out of gas, out of washer fluid and shimmied from 50 MPH on, once so badly that we nearly lost control. We were told that the gas tank had more than it did, so we had to walk back in and correct that. The customer service was great until we returned. When we arrived to return the car more than an hour before closing no one was there. We called a number posted on the door and were told to leave it and they would call us the next day to refund our deposit. They didn't call, so we had to call them. They then accused us of damaging a tire and charged us for it. To our knowledge, and we checked the car over twice, the car was in the exact same condition when we left it as it was when we rented it. We absolutely did not see any damage. Next time we will stay with a reputable rental car company and one that belongs to the BBB. We learned that we should check the BBB before renting - and Epinions.com, of course. Lesson learned the hard way.