Splash Mountain

Flash Mountain-Nudity In The Magic Kingdom

Sep 9, 2000

Pros:Cooling Water Ride

Cons:Height Limitations

Splash Mountain can conceivably be one of the longest lines to stand in at the Magic Kingdom, especially if it is a hot summer day. With Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah echoing through the immense hollowed out tree, it is indeed a fun filled experience for the entire family. Almost!

The last time I was in the Magic Kingdom I was upset to find out that the height limit for the ride had been increased significantly to the point that one of my girls could no longer ride it. The funny thing was that the year before, she was an inch shorter and was able to go on the log type ride with no hassles.

What many people don’t know about Splash Mountain is that it has a less than magical history of being a favorite spot for exhibitionism. Just before the ride ends there is a dizzying drop from the top of the mountain where Disney added a camera to take photos of each log as it makes the plunge as a way to sell photos.

Employees of Splash Mountain soon found out that their newest responsibility while working there, was to studiously examine the pictures being taken to make sure that the topless exploits of some of the riders don’t get displayed for all to see.

If you are visiting the Magic Kingdom with children and want to ride this wet and wild log jammer, do yourself a favor and walk to the front of the line and make sure that your child or children meet the height requirement before you spend a considerable amount of your day standing in the long line.

*If you are offended by nudity I advise not following the link I am giving below. If however you are an adventurous soul and want to visit “Flash Mountain”, you can see the tawdry photos at: http://www.flashmountain.com/spl.html