Twix Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars Singles 1.79 oz, 36-Count Reviews

Twix Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars Singles 1.79 oz, 36-Count

The Best Candy Bar Out There? - Twix

Apr 2, 2012

Pros:Chocolate and Caramel with a Cookie Crunch

Cons:Not exactly healthy for you

The Bottom Line: Looking for a sweet snack?  You can't go wrong with a Twix.

“It was a Twix! They were all Twix!” – George Costanza

And as that loveable sitcom character was fond of pointing out in the Twix episode, “Twix is the only candy bar with a cookie crunch!” I find myself buying a Twix more often than not when I purchase candy bars, and there’s a good reason: they’re damn good candy bars, with enough crunchy, chewy goodness to satisfy almost anyone.

Made by the Mars Company, each package of Twix candy bars contains two bars, each about the size of your middle finger. They are, essentially, a crunchy cookie covered with a scrumptious layer of caramel, all wrapped neatly up in a chocolate coating. It’s a tasty, yummy combination of sweet flavor and delectable cookie crunch. They’re perfect as an after meal dessert, or as a hunger satisfier if you just need a sugary shot of energy. Granted, they aren’t as good for you as, say, a protein bar, but they taste better than most protein bars and are at least a buck cheaper (and I’m all about protein bars, but damned if these aren’t one of the tastiest candy bars ever.) In other words, while I wouldn’t take one of these with me on a long bike ride, I don’t hesitate to grab one from my local convenience store guy as I stumble home from my favorite dive bar.

These things, while good, are basically diet wreckers, and they aren’t especially good for you if you’re diabetic. One package (two bars) counts as one serving, which will get you 250 calories, 110 of which are from fat (12g total fat, 9g Saturated Fat, and no Trans Fat.) Each serving has 5mg Cholesterol, 100mg of Sodium, and 33g total Carbohydrate with 1g Fiber and 24g Sugar. And since I made the protein bar comparison, you only get 2g Protein in each package. You will get, however, 4% of your daily requirement of Calcium and 2% of your daily value of Iron.

As of now, ingredients are: milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, skim milk, lactose, milkfat, soy lecithin, PGPR, and artificial flavors,) sugar, enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid,) hydrogenated palm kernel oil and/or palm oil, corn syrup, skim milk, dextrose, and less than 2%: salt, cocoa powder, baking soda, soy lecithin, and artificial flavor. Allergy sufferers should be aware that Twix may contain peanuts.

But as bad as these are for you, you shouldn’t be able to help eating one once in awhile unless you’ve got incredible willpower. Three layers of sweet goodness make them worth grabbing, even if only occasionally. With a tasty, crunchy cookie combined with the chewiness of caramel, all lovingly covered with chocolate, you can’t really go wrong with a Twix. They smell good, they taste good, and totally satisfy your chocolate craving. Next time you find yourself in the candy aisle of your local supermarket or convenience store, be sure to grab one, you won’t be disappointed.

2-piece package. Due to high heat conditions milk chocolate items will not be available during warmer months (usually May thru September). No. 111786:...
2oz Twix Caramel Bar