Urban Decay THE VICE EYESHADOW PALETTE 20 Color (175801511) Reviews

Urban Decay THE VICE EYESHADOW PALETTE 20 Color (175801511)

1 consumer review

PLEASE Don't Make Me Wear That! Urban Decay Vice Palette

Oct 31, 2012 (Updated Oct 31, 2012)

Pros:wide variety of color, lots of different textures, blendable, long wearing

Cons:a few shadows are too chunky or crumbly

The Bottom Line: Although expensive, the new formula of Urban Decay Vice Palette make it a fantastic palette to give as a gift or get for Christmas or for any occasion.

I have to be honest- I have had a love-hate relationship with Urban Decay.  I loved their eyeshadow in the pan, but when it came to trying them on, I hated the results.

Urban Decay eyeshadow was so distinctive in its performance with me that my husband (who rarely comments on makeup) would ALWAYS know when I was trying on Urban Decay in the store.   He would say, "Wow, is that Urban Decay?  It is such lousy quality it HAS to be Urban Decay."

Keep in mind, that I try on all KINDS of eyeshadow so for him to pick off every time I used Urban Decay and be accurate is very unusual.

Urban Decay either caused burning, disappeared within a half hour, or looked muddy and sick on me no matter what I did.  I finally gave up trying Urban Decay because their eyeshadow was such a losing proposition for me.

HOW I HAD A MAJOR CHANGE WITH  URBAN DECAY

One day my daughter came running over to me and said, "Mom, you HAVE to try on this eyeshadow!"  I asked what it was and she said, "Urban Decay."

That is all I needed to hear- my ears were closed.  Try as she might, my daughter could not get in a word about the new formula of Urban Decay and how I should try it on because I was not listening.

When I saw the beautiful eye makeup that she had on and asked her what it was, however, I was surprised when she told me it was Urban Decay.  I forced myself to swatch it and was pleasantly surprised at the change.

WHAT IS URBAN DECAY VICE PALETTE LIKE?

I still didn't want to try out any Urban Decay shadow yet, until a friend who worked at Sephora came running over and told me I should try the new Urban Decay Vice palette.  I told her I was not interested in the old formula and she insisted it was the new formula.

I really didn't want to wear it after my years of bad experience with Urban Decay, but with her and my daughter insisting, I decided to give it one more try.

So, with much dread, I tried on the Vice Palette to test it out for the day.  Boy was I shocked at the drastic change in the quality of Urban Decay shadows.  I actually looked GOOD and the shadows lasted all day and didn't burn either!

Vice palette is a rubbery purple palette with a really good closure on it that you need to press a button on to open the top.  The palette is about the size of a Kindle but about an inch thick.

The inside of the palette has a huge mirror, and pans of eyeshadow which are spaced well so the colors don't mix easily when using the colors.  There is a brush inside which is pretty decent - one end is a duo-fiber blender and the other side is a filbert shaped application brush.

COLORS CONTAINED INSIDE

Inside are a variety of shadows from neutral to bright.

The neutrals inside tend to be a bit more on the cooler side as compared to the Naked palette which tended toward more warm colors.  There are gold toned taupes and browns, cooler pink toned neutrals,

Desperation - dark taupe gray (satin)
Muse -black brown with brown and bronze sparkle (sparkly not frosty)
Jagged - golden bronzed dark brown with gold sparkle (sparkly crumbly)
Blitz - metallic bronzed gold (metallic smooth)
Penny Lane- metallic copper penny color (metallic smooth)
Junkie - gorgeous metallic teal with gold shimmer (metallic smooth)
Chaos- bright royal blue w/ micro shimmer (matte w/ micro shimmer)
Occupy - metallic gunmetal hematite w/silver micro shimmer (metallic smooth)
Unhinged- deep aqua toned metallic teal (smooth metallic)
Black Market- dark black with black micro shimmer (combo matte/metallic)
Provocateur- chunky silver mauve (very chunky metallic)
Rapture - mauve plum ( shimmer)
Vice - plum purple (shimmer)
Noise - hot red pink (shimmer few glitter particles - more powdery)
Armor - gorgeous metallic taupe gray
Nevermind - gold toned taupe (satin)
Echo Beach - sandy tan (satin)
Anonymous - grayed ivory (matte)
Freebird- chunky icy warm pink (chunky metallic)
Laced - neutral cool icy taupe with pink tinge (matte)

HOW DOES VICE PALETTE PERFORM?

I have to say I am very impressed with the Urban Decay Vice Palette.  The colors stay on well and blend much better than they did in the past too.  The colors are intense, and pigmentation is over the top in most colors.

Despite a few chunky or powdery colors that take a bit more work to use, I still find this palette to be one of the most useable palettes as far as mixture of neutrals and colors.  There is a great mix of satins and mattes which don't tend to make crepey lids look awful, and even the more textured shadows are complimentary to a variety of skin types.  The only colors that I am disappointed in are the two chunky ones and the bright blue- it tends to be difficult to blend and work with, but if you pat it on it works better on top of a good primer or eyeshadow base.

These shadows will stain if you don't use a good eyeshadow base, so I highly recommend you use a primer or base on your lids.  Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Lorac Behind The Scenes seem to work best for me, but Tarte has a good primer now too which is nice.

I have not had any burning or disappearing problems with this palette at all, which is a FIRST for me.

FINAL COMMENTS

For the price of $54, the Vice palette from Urban Decay is not to be taken lightly.  If you don't have too many colors, this palette should be very useable if you like a varitey of color and texture.

If you are not the type to wear a lot of different makeup colors you would probably not find the money spent on this to be worth it for you.

I have been very impresseed at how intense yet blendable these shadows are and they can be used sheer or intensely too.  The quality is the best ever, and a great improvement over the older formula which I could not ever wear.

If you or someone you know love to do different makeup looks and want a very jaw dropping quality of shadow to give or get as a gift, this palette is well worth taking a look at.

You can get the Vice palette at Sephora, Ulta, and anywhere that sells Urban Decay products.

Urban Decay Limited Edition Vice 2 Eyeshadow Palette Eye Shadow Brush 2013

Urban Decay Limited Edition Vice 2 Eyeshadow Palette Eye Shadow Brush 2013

evarela87 Store **URBAN DECAY LIMITED EDITION** VICE 2 EYESHADOW PALETTE EYE SHADOW BRUSH 2013 DESCRIPTION URBAN DECAY 2013 LIMITED EDITION VICE 2 PAL...

Urban Decay Vice 2 Eyeshadow Brush Palette 20 Shades Fast Worldwide Ship

Urban Decay Vice 2 Eyeshadow Brush Palette 20 Shades Fast Worldwide Ship

100% Authentic!! NO FAKES! Limited Edition!100% Brand New in Box! Never used!!A luxe, sophisticated, limited-edition palette loaded with 20 eye shadow...

Shipped N 24 Hours Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette Bnib Eyeshadow Brand In Box

Shipped N 24 Hours Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette Bnib Eyeshadow Brand In Box

THIS WILL BE SHIPPING WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER PAYMENT IS RECEIVED!This comes with 1 very sought after Vice 2 palette by Urban Decay that is brand new!Bu...

The Original Urban Decay The Vice Palette 1 Sold Out & Hard To Find

The Original Urban Decay The Vice Palette 1 Sold Out & Hard To Find

Urban Decay The Vice PaletteVice 1 Sold out hard to find!New in box (box shows some wear but all eyeshadow are new and never used!)20 beautiful colors...

Urban Decay Deluxe Eye Shadow Box Eyeshadow Palette W/primer Potion Mirror

Urban Decay Deluxe Eye Shadow Box Eyeshadow Palette W/primer Potion Mirror

Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box Eyeshadow Palette w/Primer Potion Brand New in Box Filled with only Deluxe Eyeshadows, this velvety case is loaded with ...

Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette

Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette

An Urban Decay take on the always-popular smoky eye, this 10-shadow palette includes not just traditional greys and blacks, but matte neutral shadows ...
Macys.com

Urban Decay Dangerous 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette & Mini Naked Lip Gloss Set

Urban Decay Dangerous 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette & Mini Naked Lip Gloss Set

luvmy3pugs store URBAN DECAY DANGEROUS 6 COLOR EYESHADOW PALETTE MINI NAKED LIP GLOSS SET -Urban Decay Dangerous Eyeshadow Palette - New in box, never...

Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette Perversion Original Primer Potion Full Size

Urban Decay Smoked Palette. New in box never opened. What it is:A palette of 10 eye shadows, plus a full-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil and a travel-si...
Urban Decay Primer Potion Eyeshadow Greed Vintage Full Size

Urban Decay Primer Potion Eyeshadow Greed Vintage Full Size

URBAN DECAY Primer Potion Eyeshadow Full Size NEW in Box BRAND NEW in BOX URBAN DECAY Primer Potion Eyeshadow COLOR-Greed SIZE -0.34 fl.oz/10 ml./ I h...

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic 1.4g/0.05oz by Urban Decay

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic 1.4g/0.05oz by Urban Decay

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$18.00 - Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic-1.4g/0.05oz - makeup / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com