V-Moda Vibe In-Ear only Headphones - Gunblack Reviews

V-Moda Vibe In-Ear only Headphones - Gunblack

Great sound if you sit still--large stethoscope effect

Jan 8, 2009

Pros:Great looking, great bass sound, wires less likely to tangle

Cons:Stethoscope effect, durabilty question (read other reviews here and on Amazon), awkward fit

The Bottom Line: Look for cheaper earbuds with equally good sound quality without the wire stethoscope effect. For good bass, look for a low frequency under 20 Hz. (V-Moda Vibes had 12 Hz.)

I received my V-Moda Vibe Red Roxx earbuds the other day and opened them tonight. The red looked awesome, but as soon as I put them in my ears, even without yet plugging them into my mp3 player, I knew I was going to have problems.

I struggled to get a good fit with the angle of my ear canals. They ended up sticking out. Worse, as soon as they were in, sound in my head amplified like my head was under water. Any wire movement produced a stethoscope effect in my ears. And I still hadn't plugged them in.

Once plugged in and music on, the sound quality was quite good. I bought this pair for the bass because I have oversensitivity to high pitch noises and struggle to hear bass sounds, and I could actually hear bass for a change. And then I moved around.

The wires moving in my hair alone interrupted the music. When the wires bumped my chest, a loud thump interjected the music including the highs that usually impede my ears above all other sounds. There is no way I'd be able to use these when jogging as I intended. The thumping and wire movement alongside music would drive me batty. And this is an original pair of new V-Moda earbuds, not an imitation.

Back in the box these earbuds have gone. I'm only glad I already happened to be going to the mall an hour away tomorrow, because I need a refund from Best Buy. Back to the drawing board. Any earbuds that have a stethoscope effect won't get more than a two rating from me. But from reviews I've read, this may be a saving grace in the long run.

v-moda gunmetal black VIBE V-GUNBLACK2 BRAND NEW SEALED, WEAR ON BOX