Vizio E321VL 32" 720p HD LCD Television Reviews

Vizio E321VL 32" 720p HD LCD Television

You get what you pay for, I suppose.

Mar 18, 2012
  • User Rating: OK

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Good price

Cons:Repairs cost more than the television is worth
To find servicing provider - takes several calls

The Bottom Line: Purchasing this brand can be quite risky, and if a product arises, getting the product repaired can be extremely costly.

I purchased one of these 32'' Vizio HD Televisions around May 2010 and I have to say that I was very disappointed with this product. No matter how the TV was adjusted I could never actually see the entire screen. I also would like to note that the television would randomly turn off and sometimes wouldn't turn back on for some time. I think the most disappointing thing about this TV is the servicing company that Vizio is linked with to fix the television, because initially the customer service representative quoted that it would be 150$ to repair the television which included labor as well, and for any additional parts that would need to be ordered the maximum payment was 50$. When I called back two days later, however, the representative said, and I quote, "I see you were initially quoted 150$ for repairs and 50$ for any required parts, but now the cost would be 290$ for everything." As you can see the cost had dramatically changed within a time span of 48 hours. The entire retail value of the television was 398$, so the second quote was not cost effective AT ALL. The price of the Vizio brand is usually more affordable for people who don't want to spend an enormous amount on a television, but in this case, sometimes you get what you pay for. You pay less, you get less.

The Vizio E321VL television delivers superior quality picture with 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and 720p HD resolution. This Vizio HDTV LCD televi...