-44%

+$7.16 shipping Target
+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

KITCHEN : 12 Cup Coffee Maker

Oct 16, 2012

Pros:Day Long fresh taste is a plus.

Cons:NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line: I like that coffee brewed in this pot begins Hot, goes into  my thermos for school Hot and  remains Hot throughout the day.

Focus Product Group International LLC brand, West Bend®, Classic West Bend 12 cup Stainless Steel Percolator measuring 9.5 x 6.5 x 12.5 inches evokes happy memories of home, Mama and Daddy preparing for work, and 3 little girls readying for school AND it returns the delicious fragrance of percolated coffee wafting through the house with a promise of  the robust taste of that brew.

I like that coffee brewed in this pot begins Hot, goes into  my thermos for school Hot and  remains Hot throughout the day.  I am not entirely mad for cool, tepid or other weak kneed coffee.  The day long fresh taste is an added plus.

I began using percolating coffee makers several years ago following a good few drip pots lasted a week or so before giving up to drip no more AND a study done, Finland I think, showed percolated coffee was likely to cause less cholesterol build up in arteries.  I have been using General Electric coffee makers, they last right to the day of the 1 year warranty before they stop working.   This time I am happy to find aWest Bend, hopefully it will last a bit longer than a year.

Per the manual; this archetypal stainless-steel percolator brews from 2 to 12 cups of coffee, we brew 12 cups each time.

A percolator coffee maker can be on stove or electric container having spout, footed tube, designated stem, for holding the coffee grounds basket, basket and top, designated as spreader for to place over the grounds during percolation process for spreading water over whole basket top and a lid, designated as cover, for the container itself.  Container lids may have a see through knob allowing the coffee to be seen as it boils up tube and percolates over the grounds in the basket.

Percolation process moves hot water through grounds, creating the  percolating sound.  I like the ready-to-serve indicator light, no guessing whether coffee is ready or still perking.  The floating coffee-level indicator in the handle is handy, see at a glance how much coffee remains in the pot.  Appliance goes into  automatic keep-warm cycle when coffee has perked.

Cord is detachable, do not immerse cord or pot in water, electrical mechanism in base will not weather immersion.  Power cord can be dried, however, I do not use a cord should it fall into water.  I particularly like the curved stay-cool handle; as arthritis in my hands continues to progress I find the curved handle to be  more comfortable and easier for me to use to lift the pot for pouring coffee.

While percolator baskets make dandy coffee without filters; I do use the cone filter to help reduce even more potential cholesterol.  Cone type filters tend to be a better size for baskets; with scissors clip a small slit at the bottom of the filer, slide over top of stem, push into basket, add coffee, we like strong coffee and I fill the cone prior to placing spreader onto top of stem and lowering until spreader is resting atop the basket.

Happy to recommend Focus Product Group International LLC brand, West Bend®, Classic West Bend 12 cup Stainless Steel Percolator

MORE KITCHEN REVIEWS
----------------------
Nesco 6 qt ROASTER
RUBBERMAID 2 STEP STOOL
-------------------

Cautions include: To lessen likelihood of personal or property injury or damage, read and use instructions and cautions.

Do not use electrical device for other than planned use; in this case the preparation of hot brewed coffee. This pot is intended for household use only.

Essential safety measures should always be used including:
Read all directions, including imperative safeguards in addition to the care and use instructions in this manual.

Never set appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner, in a heated oven, under a broiler or into refrigerator or freezer.

Do not use appliance should percolator not be working properly or should it be damaged.

Use of accessory attachments is not recommended.

Do not endeavor to mend this appliance yourself.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly   martin
===========================

For more Product Details and Shipping Information please click the SEE IT BUTTON   and vendor links
-------------------------------

NOTE: The following is information regarding WestBend Brand Incorporated.

If you, as I, have an interest in company information in particular information regarding  company itself, where items are manufactured and by whom, where they are offered for sale, safety standards regarding materials used and suitability usage due to expertise of the manufacturer and product designers, or other pertinent information as available;

Please Read.

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.

-------------------------------

Internet search including the West Bend website indicates: Founded inWest Bend,Wisconsin, and celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2011.

West Bend®, a foremost innovator of electric kitchen appliances, has been in business since 1911. Spanning many generations with ground-breaking product offerings, West Bend® provides unparalleled performance, value, and worth to consumers nationwide. Whether product to be created is fresh, homemade bread, smoothies, roast chicken, or pizza, West Bend® endeavors to cause kitchen activities to be simplified.

West Bend's headquarters remains located inWest Bend,Wisconsin, where it is presently a privately held company managed by Focus Products Group International.

West Bend Housewares/Back to Basics Products
PO Box2780
2845 Wingate Street
West Bend,WI53095-02780

Find coffee and espresso makers at Target.com! The west bend 12-cup coffee percolator has a stainless steel body and a detachable cord. The clear lid ...

FOCUS - 54159 WB 12 Cup Percolator SS West Bend 12 Cup Stainless Steel Percolator. 2-12 cup service, warm modes keeps coffee warm, detachable cord for...
WB 12 Cup Percolator SS
WEST BEND STAINLESS STEEL PERCOLATOR Standing tall and sturdy with stainless construction and internal components, this classic percolator is a great ...
West Bend, 2-12 Cup, 800W, Highly Polished Stainless Steel Percolator, With Detachable Cord, Stainless Steel Filter Basket, Perk Tube, & Cover Are Dis...
West Bend 54159 Features: -Electric percolator.-Cup of coffee was made in a percolator.-Can rediscover the strong flavor.-Robust aroma of percolated c...
Wayfair
Electric percolator. Cup of coffee was made in a percolator
Quill.com
Now you can easily brew up to 12 cups of perfect coffee with the West Bend 54159 percolator. Operating this West Bend thermos is a breeze, thanks to i...
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Quickly brewing from 2 to 12 cups at a time, this classic stainless-steel percolator offers an elegant way to s...
Home Depot