Whirlpool GMH6185XVS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Buyer Beware!

Mar 4, 2012
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Fashionable not functional.
Nice light.
Good clock.
Makes nice storage unit for chips, cookies, etc.

Cons:Does not heat.
Trim piece falls on your head.
2,000 decible fan.

The Bottom Line: My recommendation!! You have got to be kidding.  Avoid At All Cost.

I am the owner of a 16 month old Whirlpool microwave/convection oven Model GMH6185XVS.  I paid $488.  During the warranty period the top trim piece had to be replaced 3 times.  It breaks and falls on your head when opening door.  The Magnatron tube also needed to be replaced once.  After warranty period the trim piece is broken again and the magnatron tube once again has blown.  Calls to Whirlpool has give me a headache as they want to sell you a service policy and do not want to replace my problem machine.  So naturally I purchased another $269 policy to cover all repairs for the next 12 months.  Dumb huh?  Well - service person comes out and immediately says to me - oh, its installed over your range.  Yeah - probably should have gotten that idea from the model #?  Well he now wants to charge me $100 more to fix/remove microwave.  Now I am the proud owner of a $857 microwave - and it still does not work!
Oh did I mention that even when it works it makes you crazy?  Well the fan is so loud you cannot have a conversation in your kitchen.  It also comes on when ever it wants to.  I cook with my kitchen window open in the winter to avoid the sound of an airplane landing on my counter.  So if you want a really lovely microwave go ahead and purchase this model.  In fact, you can have mine.  Free even.
Please . . .

WHIRLPOOL STAINLESS STEEL MICROWAVE HOOD COMBO CONVECTION GMH6185XVS-2 1.8 CUBIC FEET MEASURES 17 1/4H X 16D X 29 15/16W Bake. Roast. Do it all. This ...