Halloween Skull Felt Coasters: A Nice Decoration But Not A Halloween Necessity

Jun 1, 2012

Pros:12 per pack, nice design, Halloween and pirate friendly.

Cons:The cut out areas could still allow moisture to ruin surfaces.

The Bottom Line: Not a bad product but not something that I'd trust on 'the good wood'.

When Wilton started adding things to the 'adult' section of the site I was a little skeptical about some of them. They had and still have dedicated products for cake decorating, cupcakes and cookies but they branched out to actual party decorations and theme items. I wasn't going to get any of the coasters until I came across them on clearance; for less than two dollars a pack it was hard to pass them up. They are well made but it's a case by case scenario as to whether or not you are going to be able to reuse them. If they get soaked from sweat you might as well pitch them because it's not worth the effort to try and dry them out. Trust me, they can get stiff and if anything fruity [including wine or alcohol] has been spilled on them, they will smell.

Halloween Skull Felt Coasters
Product Number: 1210-1002
Suggested Price: $3.99

The listing for this is incorrect; they are not part of the Skull & Scrolls collection. They were part of the Halloween line but were not labeled as being part of the Skull & Scroll line. These were listed in the party section of the website along with other seasonal products that were outside the realm of baking and cake decorating.

The skulls are not made of plastic; they are felt with cut out areas for the eyes, nose and mouth. It's something that can be used for Halloween as well as with pirate themed parties. While it is classified as Halloween decoration, it is a skull and crossbones so it is something that can easily be used for pirate parties. They are a little thicker than I thought that they would be but I wouldn't use them on 'the good furniture' because of the cut out areas. To me a coaster is something that prevents water damage and this might work but who wants to take a chance?

You are getting twelve pieces to the set but at a suggested retail price of four dollars, that's a lot for something that might work to protect your furniture. If you are only getting them to use as a decoration then you are going to love them. For the most part they are lint free but if you use them over and over you might end up with some rogue pieces inside the eyes or mouth.  You can decorate these if you are in to crafting and they can be used for scrapbooking but they might be a little on the large side unless you are planning on using them as a background piece.

The coasters are three and a half inches square; they are large enough for most drinks but if they are extremely sweaty you are going to have problems. One of the things that I noticed is that they do have a tendency to stick to the bottom of glasses once they start sweating. There's no way around that unless you pad the bottom of them and that sort of negates the whole purpose of buying something 'disposable'. If I would have paid full price for these I would have been steamed but at more than half off I couldn't complain. They make for a nice decoration too; I have some pieces of furniture with glass tops on them and these slid under them easily and added a nice spooky touch to them.

^V^ ©Freak369 - 2012 ^V^

2113-1124: Blood Drips Drink Parasol
1210-1045: Vampire Theme Cup Labels
1210-1046: Vampire Theme Bottle Labels

Wilton Skulls & Scrolls 12 Count Coasters

The Lotoons Store NEW Wilton Skulls Scrolls 12 Count Coasters 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORL...