Birkenstocks Birkenstocks

Birkenstocks

ratings (5 Epinions reviews)

the most comfortable kicks

Apr 11, 2000

Pros:durable, comfortable,

Cons:expensive, but you pay for quality sometimes

Birkenstock sandals, I am convinced are one of the greatest innovations for tired, soar feet. I'm wearing them right now as I write this e-pinion. My friend gave me these sandals as a gift and I have been thanking him ever since.

Birkenstocks are theraputic and actually mold themselves(after a few wearings) to your feet. They unlike any other shoe/sandal that I've ever worn feel like they were specifically made for my feet.

If you are at all interested I would not recommend trying on someone else's birkenstock's due to the fact that the sandal forms to your specific foot. The sandal may feel uncomfortable and turn you off. I would recommend going to a shoe shop and trying on a new pair of birks and then saying to yourself that they will get much more comfortable after a few initial wears.

The sandals are fairly expensive, yet they do last for years. I know the company is very good about repairs and replacement also. The leather as with anything made out of leather is apt to stain or be scuff. This can easily be remedied with a little t.l.c. and some shoe polish too.

The looks of these sandals are shall I say...very earthy. They are generally dark leather uppers with a cork/leather footbed and brown rubber soles. I have seen more modern looking ones however,with different colors.

I've noticed a trend that many people like to wear sandals after playing sports. I have seen all of the adidas, nike and reebok models and they really don't compare. I would highly recommend birkenstock's to anyone looking for comfort.