Cardio Glide Cardio Glide

Cardio Glide

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Great Machine!

Apr 10, 2000

Pros:Easy to use, lots of weight resistance settings, timer keeps track so you don't have to

Cons:Not easily stored, legs rub against metal

My husband bought me a Weslo Cardio Glide back when I had my first child in December of 1996. I used it religiously for about a month and then quit because I didn't feel a change. Of course at the time I was still eating tons of junk and not taking care of myself.

However, fast forward to the year 2000, and you will see a big change. I went on the Atkins Diet in February and decided in March it was time to start working out. I made my husband dig this machine out of my son's room, and got started that night.

Well, its been about a month since I have started working out religiously and I see a major difference. My legs are getting toned up and my arms don't have that jiggling fat. I have also lost 10 pounds since I have started exercising. This was after hitting a stall for about 3 weeks.

What makes this machine so nice is that it has 10 settings on it. Level 1 is to get your heart pumping. It's more of a cardio exercise while level 10 is a weight program. Takes lots of arm and leg muscles to make that machine move on level 10.

Right now, I am able to do 300 pulls in 5 minutes and 40 seconds. This is from a woman who could barely do 250 pulls in 5 minutes and 20 seconds when she first started. Granted this is still on level 1, but I am pleased with my progress.

How am I able to keep track you ask? Simple! This machine comes with a built in timer. It tells you how long you have been exercising (hours, minutes and seconds), how many pulls you are doing per minute, how many pulls total you have done, and it also counts how many calories you have burned (though since you don't actually enter your weight anywhere I don't trust these readings).

The machine is fairly light weight, but its draw back is it doesn't collapse down for easy storage like so many newer machines coming out today. Also the seat doesn't keep your legs spread far enough apart so if you have chunky thighs like me your thighs will rub against some of the metal (I keep saying I am going to put sweat pants on when I do this ;-).

However, despite those problems I really like this machine. It makes my exercise enjoyable, and I can do it in front of the t.v. Which also helps distract me from the fact I am exercising (another bonus ;-). I would definitely buy this machine again if I had to do it all over again.