Furniture.COM Furniture.COM

Furniture.COM

ratings (9 Epinions reviews)

Furniture.com -- Six Month Process

May 14, 2000

Pros:nice selection of items

Cons:slow shipping, painful process, orders not correct

I think online ordering of furniture is a risky proposition. However, I needed a gift for my parents, I needed something convenient and easy since I was late on giving them a Christmas gift. In December I ordered a TV stand for my parents. It was one of those ones that fit into a corner and was very unusual—I confirmed with my mom that it would be perfect for them

To make a long story short, my parents didn’t get their furniture until April. The delivery time was supposed to be 8 weeks. We never got emails keeping us upto date on the status of our order… we always had to call them… and they never could give us an actual date. When we finally did get the product in April – it was the wrong stand. They got this huge ugly mini entertainment system that wouldn’t even fit their TV.

So my mom called Furniture.com. She wanted to find out how long it would take to get what I actually ordered her. Another 8 weeks. Forget it – she told them to just cancel the order. So then she told them that they needed them to pick up the huge thing ASAP because my grandfather had a stroke and this thing took up a lot of room they didn’t have. They simply didn’t have space to store it with all the extra hospital equipment. Furniture.com offered to let my mom “keep” it. She wasn’t interested. The customer service girl said, “She would do her best” to have someone pick it up as soon as possible. You’d think after all this, they would have gone out of their way to provide us with great service and pick the big thing up. Well… that was in April. It is now Mid May. And my mom found out last week that they are going to finally come by and pick it up in the next couple of weeks. If you remember nothing else from this review, remember this: Ordering from Furniture.com was a six-month process for us that they NEVER got right.

My recommendation is to steer clear of Furniture.com. They have some huge glitches to work out and it isn’t worth the time, effort, or money dealing with them.