Comments on Auto Train to Florida" (6 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
There is food at the end of the tunnel (across the street)
by bblhed
You are no longer faced with starvation at the Lorton station any longer, just a short walk away across the street is a large shopping plaza with several dining choices from sit down to take out. I have eaten at the sports bar three times and I can say that the food is great, I have not sampled the rest of the restaurants in the plaza so I can not say how they are.

I do recommend that if you are planing on eating when you get to the Auto train station try and make it a light meal especially if you are going sleeper class as the food on the train is really great, and if you eat a big lunch you may regret it come your dinner seating.
Aug 6, 2010
8:35 pm PDT

Auto Train to Florida
by EdwardB
This is an excellent and thorough review of the Auto Train. Well worth reading. Thanks.
Dec 14, 2009
7:12 pm PST

update
by aajax
I just checked the fare for going down 1/13/08 and returning 1/19/08. It was $140 per person going down and $89 for return PLUS $415 for the car, presumably round trip.
Dec 31, 2007
4:22 pm PST

Thorough Review
by blackhorse111
Although dated, this is a great review.
Feb 21, 2007
7:24 am PST

Very good review!
by andre98
Glad to find a review of this on epinions. I always worried about getting a few hours in and regretting the move. Perhaps one day we'll try the Auto Train.
May 7, 2006
7:33 am PDT

Great review!
by Trawma
I had never heard of the auto train! What a terrific idea!

Thanks for the great review!

Kris