Should I Trust You or That Brilo Pad Over There?Mar 8, 2000 Write an essay on this topic.
Do you trust me? If not quit reading this review right now! Push the back button once and under Marvienhill click on "Trust Marvienhill." Ok now that is done, you may continue reading.
Many have reviewers have defined (many quite well) what the WOT or Web of Trust really is and what it means to them. I will try to accomplish the same thing. What an original feat you may say. Yes, thats me Marvienhill king of exploring the land of originality and creativeness.
First, I will put forth my defintion of WOT. The Web of Trust was created by Epinions to allow reviewers to keep track of other reviewers. It is a list of people that you have come to know and appreciate. As you continued to read reviews you could place other reviewers on your list, and then read them whenever you wished. (Wow what a defintion. They should put that on the Home Page).
The problem with the WOT is many reviewers abuse it. They add you to their WOT in hopes of gaining a couple of reads. You see people with thousands of names on their list and wonder how this could happen. I'm not saying everyone out there with 1,000s of people on their list are abusing the web, but some are.
At the beggining of my Epinion career(and what a career it is), I even attempted to gain reads by trusting anyone. What a mistake. I've since gone back and deleted everyone that has no merit(I just love that word).
You may ask "Who should I trust?" Well, there is only one answer. Me of course. I'm jokin, I worthy of no one's trust. (I hope this quilt trip works.)
Well, to answer this question I've setup a small chart.
WHO SHOULD I TRUST?__________________________________________________________________________
1. Trust the reviewers that you enjoy reading.
2. Does the reviewer make a useful point. Does the writer make the reader aware of advantages and disadvantages of the reviewed product. Does he point out helpful tips?
3. Is the reviewer funny? I enjoy reading reviews that make me laugh. If your reviews are funny and helpful, most likely I'll trust you.
SHOULD I TRUST EVERYONE?
1. Don't trust people, just to trust them. If you don't like what they give you don't give them the satisfaction of your trust.
2. Experts. You would think you should trust every expert that comes along. It is the same as every other reviewer. Don't trust them simply because their an expert.
3. Everyone else has a WOT composed of three hundred people shouldn't I? No, don't be like everyone else. Only add reviewers that you actually trust.
On the lighter side, pancakes are good aren't they.
The Web of Trust, in my opinion is great. Not only do you get to make friends, but you get to keep a constant eye on them (I hope that didn't come out as a stalking phrase- what the heck is a stalking phrase). Let me just leave you with this. Don't trust people just to get read, and when you trust people I hope you actually trust what they say.
Marvien with an E
|Read all comments (10)|Write your own comment|
Ads by Google
Build Your Own Website Free Domain. 300 Appealing Website Templates and Easy-To-Use Tool.
Building a Website Building a great website is easier than ever. Get started in minutes.
Website Builders Fastest Growing Business Website. 3,000 Businesses Join Every Day!
How To Build A Web Info on How To Build A Web Get Results from 6 Search Engines!